Economic Impact Payment Update
IRS Error in Issuance of Economic Impact Payments
Connexus has learned that the IRS made an error in the issuance of 15-20 million Economic Impact Payments (EIPs). As a result, the IRS “Get My Payment” tool may show your payment has processed but it may not have been deposited into your Connexus account.
While Connexus does not have access to information about your eligibility for receiving a payment, your payment amount, or the date you might receive it, here is a summary of the most current information we have:
- An IRS error has caused 15-20 million EIPs to be sent to tax preparers instead of individuals
- The IRS “Get My Payment” tool, designed to help track the status and dispersal of payments, may not be providing accurate information
- For some individuals, the tool may indicate that their payment has been processed, but they may not see the payment deposited into their account because it was sent to their tax preparer by mistake
- Other individuals are receiving a “Payment Status Not Available” error when using the tool
- The IRS has not yet indicated if they plan to reverse payments or what course of action they will take to resolve the payment errors
- The best course of action at this time is to contact your tax preparer to learn if the IRS erroneously sent them your payment
While Connexus does not have access to the status of your payment, we are closely monitoring the situation and will continue to provide updates as soon as they become available. Please note that Connexus has processed all EIPs received to date and they have been deposited into the account number provided by the IRS.
How to Track Your Payment
- Use the IRS Get May Payment tool to see the status of your payment
- If the tool shows your payment has processed but you do not see it deposited in your account, the best course of action at this time is to contact your tax preparer to learn if the IRS erroneously sent them your payment.