This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains how Connexus Credit Union (collectively, “Connexus Credit Union,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) collects, uses, and discloses personal information. It also describes your privacy rights and how you can exercise those rights.
What Personal Information Is Covered?
“Personal information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular resident or household.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
Most of the information we have collected has been collected in the context of providing financial products and services, and is therefore not subject to state privacy laws. We also collect personal information relating to individuals in other contexts, including in connection with our marketing activities, our websites, and mobile applications.
We do not seek to collect, nor do we knowingly collect information from children under 13. We require a parent or legal guardian to apply on behalf of minors in order for the minor to be eligible to utilize our banking services.
The categories of personal information that we collect, use, and disclose will depend on our specific relationship and interactions with an individual. The categories of personal information we collect are described in the following table. The examples are provided for illustrative purposes only.
|Data Categories||Illustrative Examples|
|Identifiers||Name, address, email address, online identifiers, internet protocol address, Social Security numbers, or other similar identifiers|
|Personal information||Contact and financial information|
|Protected classifications under state or federal law||Age, marital status, sex, and veteran or military status|
|Commercial information||Information about past transactions or purchases|
|Internet or similar network activity information||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement|
|Geolocation data||Device location|
|Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information||Call recordings and internet chat histories|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||Certain inferences concerning an individual’s preferences and characteristics|
Categories of Sources of Personal Information
We collect personal information from the following sources:
- Directly from you;
- Business partners;
- Service providers;
- Consumer data resellers;
- Third parties that you have authorized or directed to share information with us;
- Government agencies that provide public records.
Purposes for which We Use Personal Information
Most of the information we use is in the context of providing financial products and services, and is therefore not subject to state privacy laws. We may use personal information relating to individuals for one or more of the following business purposes:
- Performing services on behalf of Connexus Credit Union or its service providers, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of Connexus Credit Union or its service providers;
- Verifying your identity;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Advertising and marketing;
- Certain auditing and measurement purposes, such as counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with applicable standards;
- Maintaining our facilities, systems, and infrastructure;
- Undertaking activities to verify, maintain or enhance the quality of services controlled by Connexus Credit Union;
- Carrying out our legal and business purposes, such as complying with federal, state, or local laws, responding to civil, criminal, or regulatory lawsuits or investigations, exercising our rights or defending against legal claims, resolving complaints and disputes, performing compliance activities, performing institutional risk control, and otherwise operating, managing, and maintaining our business;
- As otherwise disclosed to you at or before the point of collecting your personal information.
Notice of Personal Information to Third Parties
We disclose each of the above-listed categories of personal information for our business purposes listed above to one or more of the following categories of third parties:
- Business partners;
- Service providers;
- Third parties with whom you authorize or direct us to share your information;
- Government entities and others with whom we share information for legal purposes.
We do not sell personal information to in a manner that we consider a sale. Your personal information is only shared with our service providers to provide banking services and carry out transactions subject to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Your Privacy Rights
You may request that we disclose to you the following personal information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- The categories of personal information described above that we have collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such personal information;
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting such personal information;
- The categories of personal information about you that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed such personal information;
- The personal information we have collected about you.
You also have the right to request that we delete your personal information.
In some instances, we may decline to honor your request. For example, we may decline to honor your request if we cannot verify your identity or confirm that the personal information that we maintain relates to you, or if we cannot verify that you have the authority to make a request on behalf of another individual. In other instances, we may decline to honor your request where an exception applies, such as where the Notice of personal information would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another consumer or where the personal information that we maintain about you is not subject to state privacy laws. Nonetheless, you have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights.
How to Make Requests
If you would like to exercise the rights described above, please submit your request by:
Once we receive your request, we may verify your identity through your account or by requesting additional information sufficient to confirm your identity. If your agent is making a request on your behalf, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf, in addition to verifying your identity and the identity of your agent.
You may only make one request type per form submission. Any requests to delete will supersede a request to know.
Changes to This Privacy Disclosure
We may change or update this Notice in the future. When we do, we will post the revised Notice on our website.
If you have questions about this Notice or our privacy practices, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 800.845.5025.