Security & Fraud
We’ve Got Your Back
In a digital world full of scammers and hackers, protecting your data is our top priority.
If you suspect fraud, lose your card, or need to report it stolen, call us at 800.845.5025 immediately.
How to Protect Yourself From Fraud
A Current Scam: What to Look Out For
There have been reports of individuals receiving phishing emails from scammers who are posing as the individual’s credit union or bank.
These fraudulent emails notify recipients of a security update to protect their personal accounts. The emails also encourage recipients to open a link, attachment, or calendar invitation for more directions.
However, the link or attachments lead recipients to a malicious website that resembles their credit union or bank’s website. That website is designed to trick individuals into entering their online banking credentials, card numbers, and account numbers for the scammers to then steal.
Remember, you should never click on any links or open any attachments from an unexpected email. If you receive a suspicious email similar to what’s described above, delete the email and call us immediately at 800.845.5025.
How to Lower Your Risk of Being Scammed
While we have resources to protect you, we still want to make sure you know what to do if a scammer targets you.
- Know that Connexus will never call and ask for your personal information or account information.
- Do not share your verification code unless YOU called Connexus.
- If a caller pressures you into giving up personal information, hang up immediately.
- Caller IDs can be faked. If you’re skeptical, hang up and call us directly.
- Scammers are sophisticated and sound legit. If you’re unsure, call us directly.
- Do not answer calls from unknown numbers. Valid callers will leave a message.
- Do not respond to unverified text messages asking you to call your financial institution.
- Review your account statements. Call us if you notice any unauthorized activity.